Design and create thoughtful communications that make change exciting
Hi There, We’re FromHereOn.
We are looking for a Communications Designer (Visual and Content) to bring stories to life. We need someone to translate ideas, messages, and processes into written and visual form across multiple mediums. We need someone who has a way with words, someone with an ability to infuse everything with creativity and a passion for storytelling. Being part of an interdisciplinary project team, you must demonstrate a collaborative working style, expert communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a fluid, innovative environment. If you an energetic, creative, thoughtful communicator with a bold, colourful, engaging and clean communications and design, read on.
How You’ll Make This Role Your Own (Roles & Responsibilities)
- Combine human stories and needs with hard data to identify a compelling path forward the project and the people in it
- Create compelling content to inform and engage project stakeholders
- Design, produce and distribute a wide variety of communications material
- Ask smart and thoughtful questions in addition to coming up with innovative solutions
- Attend workshops to visualise and capture conversations in real-time
- Make complex ideas more accessible by synthesising data and information into visual content and infographics
- Create tools to empower internal clients to communicate effectively
- Arrange and host interviews to elicit stories and perspectives
- Generate blogs, review and edit text copy, draft and design project reports
- Coach and teach other team members (independently of seniority) about communication design best practice and energise the community with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Work with, learn from, and contribute to the global FromHereOn culture and thinking
Does this sound like you?
- At least 3 years of communications experience supporting change programmes
- Experience in interaction design, graphic design, marketing, journalism, copywriting or branding
- An MBA or a bachelors degree in marketing, design or communications is helpful but not a requirement
- Experience producing high-quality written communications in a professional context
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, HTML & CSS
- Strong understanding of visual design principles
- Strong layout and composition skills
- Print production skills, knowledge and experience
- Graphic facilitation/illustration experience, a whiteboard steady hand and a love of post it notes
- Bonus points: experience using agile project management methods, experience in video production and/or motion graphics
- Native level in English is essential
Pop Quiz (optional)
Please include a response to the following questions with your application. Keep it simple, to 200 words or less:
- What type of communication inspires you? Why?
- Which form of communication gets the best engagement?
HOW TO APPLY
If you are the outcome focused, creative talent that resonates with the role described above we would love to hear from you! Please send us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FromHereOn is committed to equal treatment in every aspect of our relationship with our community. FromHereOn promotes equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, transfer, layoff, compensation, promotion, and benefits for all employees.