Help create innovative information management strategies that drive business transformation
Location: United Kingdom
Background & Purpose of Role
The Information Management practice at FromHereOn (FHO) is seeking a senior level consulting professional able to interact effectively with client executives in the design and implementation of business-driven, user-centric information management solutions. Consultants function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create innovative information management strategies that drive business transformation. Areas of specialty include Information Strategy, Data Quality, Master Data Management (MDM), Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing (DW), Big Data Analytics, Data Governance, Data Integration, and more.
- Strong organizational, decision making, risk management, relationship, and problem solving skills.
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, meeting with business owners, and performing current state system analysis
- Must manage multiple competing & often conflicting tasks effectively and progress work in parallel.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken)
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, a team player an evolving dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel to client sites and conference locations frequently requiring periods of work away from home.
- Must be willing to travel within the UK and across Europe (approximate 80-90% travel)
- Solution-oriented, with the imagination to identify ‘work-arounds’ for critical problems.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Negotiation, persuasion and strong organizational skills. Ability to manage own time effectively and recognise and respond to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, with ability to guide, direct, motivate and support staff, either directly or indirectly via Project Managers.
- First class inter personal and communication skills, both written and oral. Needs the experience and maturity to be able to command the respect of senior client personnel.
- 8 -12 years of experience in information management with deep subject matter expertise in one or more specialty areas such as data governance, master data management, data quality, BI/DW, Big Data, Data Integration, etc.
- Thought Leadership – Ability to provide insight to new and emerging information management related best practices
- Strong business analysis skills including Data Modelling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical) and Business Process Modelling using a recognized methodology (e.g. Barker, IE, BPMN etc).
- Industry Vertical knowledge in one or more of the following sectors preferred: Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, or Telcom, with specific knowledge of the current issues facing that sector
- DAMA CDMP certification preferred / or willingness to attain CDMP shortly after joining FHO.
- Desirable to be knowledgeable in Business Process Management, Enterprise Architecture and Information Systems Strategy.
- Business and technical objectivity and the ability to evaluate IT and non-IT solutions.
- Knowledge of undertaking Investment appraisal.
- Project management, with a recognized Industry standard structured Project Management methodology (e.g. Prince 2).
- Experience of having worked with business managers on business strategic planning activities.
- Experience of large change programmes and the business and IT issues associated with introducing major changes.